Our experienced team will:
- Determine the energy performance of a facility or item of plant
- Identify and quantify the principal energy flows
- Identify and quantify achievable energy savings
- Costed recommendations to achieve energy cost savings
- Make recommendations on the future energy management of the facility
This may include examination of boiler plant, heating/cooling systems, ventilation, building fabric, lighting, electricity use, and building monitoring systems. The audit will produce no cost, low cost, and high cost recommendations with payback calculations.
Solgrid analyses historical energy use and costs through analysis of bills and quarterly /hourly (MRSO) data.
We work with your business to plan a pathway to carbon neutrality and we take a partnership approach to empower you to follow that pathway to its conclusion.
Energy management starts with an analysis of your CO2 emissions from energy consumption and other sources to establish a baseline carbon footprint for Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions. We identify opportunities for reducing your carbon footprint with costs and cost benefits for each measure.
ISO50001 (2011) assists companies in implementing structured, sustainable Energy Management Systems (EnMS) to deliver savings in energy, emissions, and money.
Our methodology complies with international best standards.
The IPMVP promotes efficiency investments by the following activities:
- IPMVP documents common terms and methods to evaluate performance of efficiency projects for buyers, sellers, and financiers. Some of these terms and methods may be used in project agreements, though IPMVP does not offer contractual language.
- IPMVP provides methods, with different levels of cost and accuracy, for determining savings either for the whole facility or for individual energy conservation measures (ECM).
- IPMVP specifies the contents of a Measurement and Verification Plan (M&V Plan). This M&V Plan adheres to widely accepted fundamental principles of M&V and should produce verifiable savings reports. An M&V Plan must be developed for each project by a qualified professional.
- IPMVP applies to a wide variety of facilities including existing and new buildings and
industrial processes. https://evo-world.org
Solar Photovoltaic (PV)
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) uses energy from the sun to create electricity to run appliances and lighting. PV requires only daylight, not direct sunlight to generate electricity and so can still generate some power on a cloudy day. Photovoltaic systems use cells to convert sunlight into electricity.
The PV cell consists of one or two layers of a semi-conducting material, usually silicon. When light shines on the cell it creates an electric field across the layers causing electricity to flow. The greater the intensity of the light, the greater the flow of electricity. PV cells are referred to in terms of the amount of energy they generate in full sunlight, known as kilowatt peak or kWp.
PV systems can be used on a roof or on a wall that faces within 90 degrees of south, as long as no other buildings or large trees overshadow it. If the roof surface is in shadow for parts of the day, the output of the system decreases. PV systems produce no greenhouse gases.
This video from the ESB gives a snapshot of how solar PV works:
Solgrid offers a maintenance package that will ensure your Solar PV system is performing optimally and that all settings are up-to-date. Regular maintenance will ensure your solar panel system is operating safely and efficiently. Ensuring that system performance is maintained, allows maximum savings on your power bills for many years.
Micro-Generation Support Scheme (MSS)
“I am delighted to announce Government approval for the Micro-generation Support Scheme. This marks an important step on the energy transition journey. The government is developing a framework of support – to enable homes, businesses, farms, and communities to install renewable generation for their own consumption and receive payment for any residual electricity they export to the grid,”
Minister for Environment, Climate and Communications Eamon Ryan, December 2021
Solgrid comply with the following international ISO Standards:
- ISO 9000:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 50002:2014 Energy Audits
- ISO 50003:2021 Energy Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
Training & Advice Services
We provide state of the art training services in the following areas:
- Energy Management Systems Implementation
- Energy Auditing
- Energy Efficient Design
- Continuous Improvement
- Monitoring & Metrics